Here's a collection of things to do in and around the Conejo Valley that focuses on free live music. It's mostly festivals and shows put on bythe cities, parks and shopping areas that take place around the summer season. There are also a few clubs, some events not focused on music, and some paid events. It is not all inclusive, but pretty close to it for the free events.
This site listed 112 events for 2018. There are 13 remaining this year.
Many of the event locations can be found on these maps.
These are the main series that are included. If they have a line through them, they aren't updated for 2018 yet.
- Agoura — Summer Concerts in the Park, Agoura Hills
- Camarillo Arts Council Concerts in the Park Series, Camarillo
- Camarillo Fiesta and Street Fair, Camarillo
- Concerts by the Sea, Oxnard
- Concerts in the Courtyard, Simi Valley
- GotW Summer Jazz Concert Series, Thousand Oaks
- Music in the Park (RSRPD), Simi Valley
- Pop-up Arts and Music Festival, Thousand Oaks
- Rock the Collection Concert Series, Oxnard
- Saturday Concerts in the Park, Westlake Village
- Summer Concert Series (Janss), Thousand Oaks
- Summer Concerts in the Park (CRPD), Thousand Oaks
- Sun Sets Concert Series at Calabasas Lake, Calabasas
- T.O. Library Summer Concerts, Thousand Oaks
- Tiny Porch Concerts, Agoura Hills
- Valley Cultural Center — Concerts on the Green, Woodland Hills
- Ventura County Fair, Ventura
Conejo.Rocks — Event list
- Uptown Funk ⇒ Uptown Funk is comprised of some of the best musicians and performers in the industry, specializing in a complete Bruno Mars concert production. With an emphasis on delivering a high-level energy performance and performing a full range of Bruno's top hits, our clients and audiences have dubbed Uptown Funk as one of the greatest modern tribute bands in the industry. More information at Uptown Funk Bruno Mars Ultimate Tribute Band
- Matt Sayles & the Detroit Sportsmen's Congress ⇒
Alt. Country and Folk Rock. Make of this what you will:
"Drawing out the echoing twang, reverb, and darkness from the smoldering remnants of manifest destiny that still mournfully beat in the hearts of our unknowing constituency."
I wish bands would put short descriptions of what they do on their websites or Facebook pages. -- the management.
- Ticket To Ride ⇒ America’s leading tribute to the one and only Beatles, “Ticket To Ride” cast members have performed sold out concerts in Germany, Japan, New Zealand and the Philippines. Authentic costumes, instruments and precise note-for-note renditions of the greatest songs ever written. More information at Ticket To Ride website
- Abba Fab ⇒
ABBAFAB is a stunning tribute to the music of ABBA featuring the sensational Anne Davies, Chelsea Faulds, Scotty Pearson, Nick Davies and a line up of stellar musicians.
This multimedia production is a tribute to some of the greatest music produced in the 1970’s and 1980’s including monster hits such as Waterloo, Fernando, Honey Honey, Dancing Queen and countless others. From the earliest hits to Mamma Mia, ABBAFAB will take you on an ABBA journey that is unmatched. More information at Abba Fab website
- Steely Jam ⇒ We are a group of musicians committed to not only making it sound like Walter and Donald intended; but also feel the way it’s supposed to feel. Steely Jam proudly pays homage to the sound, the sense of humor and sophisticated social satire that Fagen and Becker created. More information at Steely Jam website
- Queen Nation ⇒ Formed in 2004, the Los Angeles-based tribute band Queen Nation carry on the tradition of legendary band Queen and their charismatic lead performer Freddie Mercury, who earned high ranks as one of the most powerful, iconic groups in rock history. Paying homage to the golden age of vintage Queen concerts, Queen Nation’s production accurately preserves the image, sound, and stage persona while performing Queen’s greatest hits. Queen Nation’s live retrospective journey includes such Queen favorites as “We Will Rock You,” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “We Are the Champions,” “Crazy Little Thing Called Love,” “You’re My Best Friend,” “Another One Bites the Dust,” “Under Pressure,” and “Killer Queen.” More information at Queen Nation
- Tony Maddox ⇒
Tony is a dynamic singer and performer whose style is a soulful blend of Gospel, Jazz, Motown and classic favorites.
Warning: As of 2018 Tony's website is flagged by Google as having malware. More information at Tony Maddox Band website
- The PettyBreakers ⇒ Performing a mind-blowing tribute to the legendary American icon Tom Petty and his band, The Pettybreakers perfectly reproduce the sights, sounds, and experience of a Tom Petty concert. Playing to packed houses all over the United States, this Southern California-based band is comprised of outstanding musicians who have performed and recorded with international artists. Reflecting the music of one of the most prolific and brilliant singer/songwriters over the last century, The Pettybreakers’ song list includes “American Girl,” “Breakdown,” “Listen to Her Heart,” “Refugee,” “Here Comes My Girl,” “Runnin’ Down a Dream,” and “Free Fallin’.” More information at The PettyBreakers website
Bearcoon was named “Best Folk Act” by the OC Weekly. Following its release, their album El Guapo quickly reached the #1 spot on amazon.com’s “Hot New Releases” list. The duo spent 2016 touring the west coast and making appearances at several noteworthy festivals including the Joshua Tree Music Festival.
- Raymond Michael ⇒ When Raymond Michael was a freshman operatic voice major and football player at California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, CA, he was asked to represent the football team on a panel when a hypnotist show came on campus. The hypnotist asked Michael to perform as Elvis; he did, received a standing ovation, and has been performing as Elvis ever since. More information at Raymond Michael